Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Best Dough Ever

I don't buy cookies for my daughter, but I do sometimes start to feel bad that she doesn't have any true treats in the house. Today I decided to remedy that in as natural a way as possible. Recently I found out I am allergic to dairy, gluten, eggs, almonds and a few other key foods. What to use to make chocolate chip cookies now?

A few days ago I sprouted and dehydrated some buckwheat groats to use for cereal. I decided to grind some up into flour, with some sunflower seeds and substitute the almond flour in a paleo recipe. I had no idea it would make the best cookie dough I have ever tasted. I ate my three cookies raw, since I am now high raw, and baked the rest for the family.

Here is the recipe, bake at 375 for 10 minutes if you want...or enjoy like I did and save yourself the hassle of washing a cookie sheet.

Sprouted Buckwheat Carob Chippers

1     cups sprouted buckwheat groats
1     cup sunflower seeds
1/4  tsp sea salt
1/2  tsp baking soda
2      tblsp raw honey
1      tblsp vanilla
1/4  cup raw coconut oil
1      tblsp flax meal
3      tblsp water
4      tblsp carob chips

Grease cookie sheet. Set oven to 375.

Put Buckwheat and Sunflower Seeds in food processor and run for 2 minutes until they are a coarse flour.

Mix together first four ingredients in small bowl.

Stir together flax and warm water in a small cup. Let set while you get other wet ingredients.

In a large bowl, combine honey, vanilla, oil and flax mixture.

Stir dry into wet, until a dough forms, then fold in carob chips.

Makes 1 dozen cookies, using a tablespoon to measure out the dough.

Enjoy raw or cooked with your favorite non-dairy milk or a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment